Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda, director of the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE), is still accepting paper proposals from Nyack faculty and students to present at the Ninth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium. The deadline for submitting proposals is Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Those interested in presenting their research at the Symposium on Wednesday, November 8 at Nyack's New York City campus, 2 Washington Street or on Thursday, November 9 at Nyack’s Rockland County campus, 1 South Blvd in Nyack, should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 200-word abstract of the paper
- 125-word bio
- High resolution color headshot (jpg format)
- Campus preference for presentation (Rockland or New York City)
Professors are asked to encourage their students to present with them or independently. Students who would like to present independently should include in their proposal the name of a faculty member who will advise them for the presentation.
This year’s 2017 Symposium is being hosted through a partnership between Nyack College and the Faith and Education Coalition of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC).
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>