The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
Dr. Peter Park, biology professor, concluded the semester with his Nyack College Fishing Club on Never Enuff Fishing Charters with Capt. Anthony Romeo.
Dr. Park says, “A boat trip like this had been anticipated by these students for a very, very long time. Can't tell what the best part of the trip was…having Korean food together (at San Soo Kap San restaurant) before the trip? Watching my students' awe at the NYC cityscape seen from a boat? Watching them react to seeing a keeper striped bass for their first time? Watching each of them fight a big fish for their first time? Watching them getting to know each other better through fishing? Impossible to choose, but I do know this—I feel so very privileged and humbled to know such amazing people in the fishing community and to work at an institution (Nyack College-woohoo!!) where I am given all the support and capabilities to start a fishing club like this. I am also blessed to know such awesome students! As many of you know, starting the club itself is a childhood dream come true for me.”
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>