I Am The Way
Nyack College Rockland School of Music
Jerome Hines’ "I Am the Way"
Directed by Derek de Cambra
Conducted by Professor Emeritus Dr. Paul Liljestrand
Saturday, April 28 at 8:00 pm (Pre-performance lecture at 7:00 pm)
Pardington Hall, Rockland Campus
FREE to Nyack College/ATS students, faculty, and staff
(All others: $10 suggested donation)
Staged, costumed selections from Jerome Hines’ epic sacred opera on the life of Christ, featuring professional soloists, Nyack College music faculty, and the Nyack College Chorale. Mr. Hines (1921-2003) was a great opera singer, and this work has been produced at venues all over the world, including the Bolshoi in Russia and the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. “Jerry” was a mentor and teacher to Joel and Shelley Jameson, and it is their distinct privilege and honor to bring this music to Nyack College in his memory.
The performance features the Nyack College Chorale
Jesus: Joel Jameson (Chorale Director)
Martha: Shelley Jameson (voice professor)
John, the beloved: Chad Boudreaux
Peter/Eliakim: Tom Rich (alumnus)
Judas: Dan Ansaldo (alumnus)
Mary Magdalene: Ashley Maynard (student), Nadine Kulberg (alumna)
Thomas: Andrew Reith (alumnus)
Mother Mary: Charity Stephenson (student)
Mr. Derek de Cambra, stage director and a dear friend of Mr. Hines, will give an informative discussion about the composer, his life, and this opera at 7:00 pm, one hour before curtain. You will hear stories of Jerry's incredible life, his conversion experience, and how I Am the Way came to the people of Russia in 1993.
See the Scriptures come alive through glorious music, beautiful singing, and compelling acting!
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>