Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
Nyack College Biology and Chemistry Department Chair Dr. Jacqueline Washington recently returned from what she calls, “one of the most amazing experiences.”
The non-profit science and conservation organization, Ecology Project International (EPI), awarded her an educational fellowship to study leatherback sea turtles in Costa Rica after successfully completing the rigorous application process pursued by hundreds of teachers.
A press release circulated to media by Missoula, MT-based EPI explains that the organization “partners scientists with local and international students and educators in ecologically critical environments in Costa Rica, Ecuador and the Galapagos, Baja Mexico, Yellowstone, Hawaii, and Belize.”
Dr. Washington participated in a “modified version of EPI’s Sea Turtle Ecology Program and was immersed in Costa Rica’s diverse ecology and spent three days at a leatherback sea turtle preserve. This opportunity joined her with Costa Rican teachers and students for a day of cultural exchange.
Congratulations to Dr. Washington for this latest achievement!
Photo Credit: Ecology Project International
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>