Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
Nyack New York City campus student body votes were cast and the 2017-2018 Student Government Association (SGA) officers have been elected. Pictured: (L-R, front row) Reshma Mohabir, Zoe Prawda and Kristie Vaval; (L-R, back row) Ralph Beck and Wayne Ferugson.
Wayne Ferguson (’19), president is a pastoral ministry major who grew up in Jamaica Queens and currently lives in Brooklyn. He a member of the chapel worship band and has also performed at Open House events. Wayne looks forward to being ordained and to becoming a pastor. His long term aspiration is to share the gospel with unreached people groups around the world.
Zoe Prawda (’18), vice president, also hails from Brooklyn. Zoe learned about Nyack on K-LOVE radio. Nyack measured up to what she was looking for in a college: a music composition concentration and a convenient commute. Wasting no time, she applied for admission during her junior year of high school and didn’t apply to any other college. In addition to her studies, Zoe is a tutor in the Nyack NYC Testing and Tutoring Department and is a member of the Living Waters Dance Ministry. Her career goals include writing musicals for Broadway and being an educator. Her academic goal is to earn a doctorate in music theory and composition. Look for Zoe in Nyack’s upcoming musical production.
Kristie Vaval, (’19), secretary is originally from Port-au-Prince, Haiti and now lives in Brooklyn. She was already a college sophomore in Haiti when her dad mentioned Nyack College to her. Kristie is primarily in the U.S. to do missionary work sponsored by her home church in Haiti, but she investigated Nyack’s School of Music. She is enrolled in the music performance degree program, the perfect environment for nurturing her desire to inspire people through music.
Reshma Mohabir (’18), treasurer, lives in Queens, but is originally from Better Hope, Guyana. Reshma learned about Nyack at a college fair. The music in worship major is a member of the Nyack NYC Chorale and the chapel worship team. Her career goal is to be a recording artist and worship leader.
Ralph Beck (’19), public relations officer, is from Bowling Green, Kentucky. The bible and theology major wants to become an ordained minister and church planter.
Congratulations on to all!
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>