Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
Earth Day 2017 was observed today in Rockland County with Nyack College students, faculty and staff putting some elbow grease into a clean-up effort by partnering with Keep Rockland Beautiful, the non-profit organization whose motto is “working together for a cleaner, greener Rockland.
College Relations Manager of Special Events Nancy Gates organized a contingent of 24 people from the campus community who came out to clean Upper Depew Avenue in Nyack.
“As part of a larger effort coordinated by Keep Rockland Beautiful, we worked together to haul 61 bags of garbage, 30 bags of recyclables, seven tires, 13 hubcaps, three car batteries, a set of bed springs, a television, a hedge trimmer, an oil drum, a reciprocal saw, and one gallon of used car oil out of the woods,” reports Mrs. Gates.
Students who participated represented the Biology Department, Athletics (women’s volleyball), the Intercultural Studies Department and the Nyack College Honors program. Faculty and staff from Human Resources, (Karen Davie); Athletics Department, (Keith Davie); English Department/Honors Program, (Jonathan Gates); College Relations, (Nancy Gates) and the Intercultural Studies Department, (Steve Nehlsen) joined the students.
With appreciation for the great effort on a rather damp and overcast Saturday, Mrs. Gates enthusiastically responded, “Congratulations to all on a great job. Upper Depew looks fantastic!”
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>