Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
Dramatic tenor Issachah Savage will conduct a Masterclass on the Nyack New York City campus for School of Music students on Monday, April 24 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in Room 2241 during their vocal pedagogy and studio class. This opportunity is being sponsored by the Coalition for African Americans in the Performing Arts (CAAPA) as a part of the organization’s effort to support classical music education, performance and scholarship opportunities to aspiring African American performers in the United States and abroad. CAAPA’s initiatives offer free opportunities for emerging artists to work one-on-one with renowned classical musicians such as Mr. Savage.
Issachah Savage made his Metropolitan Opera debut in its 2014-2015 season in the role of Don Riccardo in Verdi’s Ernani under James Levine. He has sung Siegmund in Die Walküre at the Canadian Opera Company under Johannes Debus with received critical acclaim. In the 2015-2016 season, he performed in the title role of Rienzi with the National Philharmonic at Strathmore Hall. He has also performed with the San Antonio Symphony, the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra and with the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
Nyack students who will participate in the MasterClass include Nicole Vega, Chris Anthony, Stephanie Fisher, Noël Wippler, Kalia Baptiste, and Amanda Maysonet.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>