Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
Dramatic tenor Issachah Savage will conduct a Masterclass on the Nyack New York City campus for School of Music students on Monday, April 24 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in Room 2241 during their vocal pedagogy and studio class. This opportunity is being sponsored by the Coalition for African Americans in the Performing Arts (CAAPA) as a part of the organization’s effort to support classical music education, performance and scholarship opportunities to aspiring African American performers in the United States and abroad. CAAPA’s initiatives offer free opportunities for emerging artists to work one-on-one with renowned classical musicians such as Mr. Savage.
Issachah Savage made his Metropolitan Opera debut in its 2014-2015 season in the role of Don Riccardo in Verdi’s Ernani under James Levine. He has sung Siegmund in Die Walküre at the Canadian Opera Company under Johannes Debus with received critical acclaim. In the 2015-2016 season, he performed in the title role of Rienzi with the National Philharmonic at Strathmore Hall. He has also performed with the San Antonio Symphony, the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra and with the Los Angeles Master Chorale.
Nyack students who will participate in the MasterClass include Nicole Vega, Chris Anthony, Stephanie Fisher, Noël Wippler, Kalia Baptiste, and Amanda Maysonet.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>