Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
The Watchung Arts Center’s “Classicals at the Circle” series will feature Nyack College NYC School of Music alumnus Carlos Cuestas, guitarist of The Cline/Cuestas Duo, in concert on Saturday, April 22 at 8:00 p.m. The Center is located at 18 Stirling Rd, Watchung, NJ. Advance tickets are $16 online and $20 at the door.
Cuestas, a Bachelor of Music cum laude graduate who majored in instrumental performance, is also a member of the music faculty at Nyack NYC School of Music and at Brooklyn College. He teaches guitar, music history and world music. Currently he is pursuing a doctorate in ethnomusicology at The Graduate Center at the City University of New York. Carlos played the theorbo at the Nyack School of Music’s concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center earlier this month.
In October 2016, Cuestas and flutist Jenny Cline released their first CD, “Facets.” (Listen here.) Classical music audiences have been hearing their work on radio stations and in live performances across the United States and in Canada. The April 22 program will include selections from their recording project.
Read local coverage of their upcoming performance.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>