Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
Nyack College Biology Department Chair, Dr. Jacqueline Washington, recently shared that five biology majors along with faculty members attended the 2017 NYC Regional SEA-PHAGES Conference held at SUNY Rockland Community College in Suffern, NY where Dr. Paul Turner of Yale University was the keynote speaker.
A Nyack College abstract was selected for an oral presentation, which was given by Kuan Chiu and Emily Barner. Dr. Washington proudly shares, “Emily was not originally going to present, but the morning of the conference, after I found out that the original speaker would not be attending, Emily agreed to give the talk with Kuan.” Remarkably, this last minute change did not give her much time to prepare. Kuan and Emily were awarded third place in the poster competition.
Pictured are (l-r) Dr. Emma Emanuel, Emily Barner, Kuan Chiu, Maridalia Lillis, Mariana Moraes, Patrick Findley and Dr. Jacqueline Washington.
Congratulations to all on this latest accomplishment!
To learn more about the biology major at Nyack College, visit the webpage.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>