High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
For months Nyack College School of Music students, alumni, faculty and staff poured their hearts and souls into presenting a world class professional concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall in Lincoln Center. Truth be told, no one ever leaves a Nyack School of Music performance disappointed—no matter where the performance venue might be.
The thunderous applause and cheers were the immediate responses to the program’s eclectic mix of pieces representing classical, spiritual, jazz, contemporary, folk and gospel music. However, the first written communication echoing the audience's unanimous praise was sent to Dr. Michael G. Scales, proud patriarch of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary(ATS), by Nyack/ATS Chairman of the Board of Trustees Rev. Scott G. Slocum, lead pastor of Essex Alliance Church in Essex Junction, VT.
Chairman Slocum’s generous and gracious words were pure encouragement to all involved.
“Last night’s concert was strangely wonderful! We sat waiting for a concert to begin—a recital of sorts—and soon found that we had been brought into the presence of God. We were not spectators. We were participants, not simply invited into worship, but deliberately brought into worship.
“We stood and applauded, as in any concert, but strangely I realized it wasn't performers alone for whom I applauded. I was actually applauding with them for the One in whom they performed.
“Strange, they hadn't performed for me or us at all. We mistakenly thought we were going to watch a concert, never realizing we were in fact performers ourselves…invited to be part of this great gathering of the redeemed, proclaiming, “Holy, Holy, Holy!”
“Please thank all those of the School of Music, not only for a night of excellence, but a night of corporate praise and worship!”
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>