Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
The School of Social Work at Nyack College will hold its 2017 spring seminar featuring Dr. Lawrence Ressler on “Trinity-Based Administration: A Theologically Informed Model of Leadership,” at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 1803 on Thursday, April 13 at 11:00 a.m.
Dr. Ressler has had a distinguished career in Christian higher education with a special focus on social work and is currently the chair of a National Social Work Professional Accreditation Advisory Council recently initiated by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
Dr. Ressler has helped two undergraduate programs and one graduate program in social work gain initial Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation. He also helped develop the curriculum for a social work program at Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya that received government approval. In addition to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, he has served in academic administration as program director, department chair, academic dean, provost, director of institutional assessment, and interim president.
During his distinguished career, Dr. Ressler has served as a faculty member or administrator at East Texas Baptist University, Taylor University, Tabor College, Roberts Wesleyan College, Messiah College, Malone University and Eastern Mennonite University. Other short-term assignments include his work at the Carver School of Church Social Work associated with the Southern Baptist Theological University; Daystar University in Kenya; and the Russian-American Christian University in Russia.
Dr. Ressler has training and experience as a community organizer, individual and family therapist and in conflict management. In addition to being a conference presenter, he has contributed to many publications including Making Peace With Conflict, a book on conflict management and Hears Strangely Warmed, an edited devotional.
He is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University (Ph.D.), Temple University (MSW) and Eastern Mennonite University (BSW).
Learn more about Nyack’s School of Social Work.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>