The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
The music of Dr. Tammy Lum, Nyack Rockland School of Music professor was featured on the classical music network WWFM.org Tuesday, April 4 at 10:00 p.m. The program, “Between the Keys with Jed Distler” will present a special segment on piano ballades and ballads.
Distler was a guest lecturer for the recent Nyack campus Hudson River Pianofest, a day-long program developed by Dr. Lum (pictured at piano). He says, “Back in 2015 I presented an episode about the piano ballade genre, with a few piano “ballads” thrown in for good measure. I thought it was a pretty original idea, but what I didn’t know was that my pianist colleague Tammy Lum had made a CD devoted to “Ballades and Ballads.” I hadn’t seen Tammy for many decades when we recently reconnected, and her busy musical life is thriving more than ever as a performer and educator. Our reunion inspired me to revisit the topic of ballades and ballads for this week’s edition of “Between the Keys.” Among the work of several other musicians, Distler adds the program will feature “Tammy Lum, firing on all cylinders in Ponce’s Balada Mexicana.”
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>