Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
President's Hall in Shuman Hall on Nyack College's Rockland County campus was the venue where budding entrepreneurs vied for three monetary prizes and professional business coaching provided by Westchester County non-profit, Center for Transformative Work (CTW). CTW received the grant that funded the entire teaching series and competition and co-sponsored the event with the Nyack College School of Business and Leadership and Impact Paterson.
Jason Roe, 2010 Nyack School of Music alumnus and his wife, Kristina Roe, of Teach 2 Teach Music, LLC won the first place award of $10,000. Alliance Theological Seminary M.Div. student Ryan Ozolins (ATS '17) of The Good Donut Shop won the second place award of $7,500. Current Nyack sophomores Peter Nehlsen (NC '19) and Benjamin Tse (NC '19) of Cultivate Coffee Shop won the third place award of $5,000.
Sabine Schubert, facilitator of the learning community's series, "Integrating Your Faith and Your Work" on the Nyack Rockland campus and coordinator of the logistics leading up to the competition, shared Impact Paterson board member Bill Roesch is meeting with the winners
Judges for the competition included Gene-Christian Baca, responsible for marketing and new product development at Walter's Hot Dogs in Mamaroneck, NY; Steve Gomez, executive director at Greater Newark Enterprises Corporation, a non-profit community development financial institution; Brian Jacks, vice president of corporate development for BAI Communications, North America; George Tapinekis, an restaurant business investor; June Tomori of the City of Paterson Housing Authority; and Mike Williams, senior information technology professional.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>