Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
Nyack College will welcome Mr. Udo Middelmann, president of the Francis Schaeffer Foundation and former Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Fellow to the Manhattan campus (2 Washington Street in Battery Park) as the keynote speaker for its spring Critical Reads on Civic Engagement Colloquium today, Thursday, March 16. This brown-bag lunch session will take place in The Pavilion on the 21st floor from 12:30 to 1:45pm.
Mr. Middelmann will share his reflections on Eric Liu and Nick Hanahuer's book, "The Gardens of Democracy: A New American Story of Citizenship, the Economy, and the Role of Government" (2011).
About Our Speaker
Udo Middelmann holds degrees in law from Freiburg University, Germany and in theology from Covenant Theological Seminary, St. Louis, MO. He has published and lectured widely on ethics and society around the globe and regularly publishes Footnotes.
Udo and his wife Deborah divide their time between the US and Switzerland. They have five children and seven grandchildren.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>