Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
Evelyn Bautista-Miller will be the featured speaker at the Wednesday, March 15 at 4:00 p.m. for the Critical Reads colloquium on civic engagement hosted by the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE).
The event will be held on Nyack’s Rockland campus in President's Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., in Nyack. She will present on the book, Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire, published by Bloomsbury Academic (1970).
Ms. Bautista-Miller is a professor at the Columbia University School of Social Work. She is also the CEO and founder of Tender Steps of New York, Inc. (TSONY, Inc.), a non-profit that helps individuals, families and communities navigate social conditions that negatively impact their well-being. This includes but is not limited to issues of inequity in education, intimate partner violence, challenges due to language barriers, drug addiction and citizenship status concerns.
Prof. Miller earned both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in social work at from the State University of New York at Albany, the Rockefeller School of Social Welfare. She attended the Leadership Academy at (MCLA) Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts and attained her Educational Administration license. She is a Certified Bilingual (SDA) School District Administrator for both New York State and New Jersey.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>