ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
Community was the theme of a retreat held recently at Mount Crescent House in Norwich, CT for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) students along with the ATS International Workers in Residence from North Africa.
Romans 12 was implicit in the storytelling that was shared by each participant. “We wanted to take time and remember our stories, the stories that are being written by God and told through us because stories remind us of God's love, grace and redemption in our lives,” says Kristi Moua, program coordinator for the Alliance Graduate School of Missions department at the seminary. A 2016 ATS alumna of the M.Div. program, she explains, “As a result of sharing our stories, we are inviting each other into one another's lives, where we can authentically walk with each other. We wanted to remember a community of love, healing, forgiveness, acceptance, truth, and grace. And it doesn't stop at the end of the retreat, but we will continue to do this in our daily lives with old and new communities we encounter with the Lord.”
The retreat is held once each semester at a variety of locations from year to year and is announced to students in class, in chapel and via promotional flyers.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>