March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
Dr. Tammy Lum, Nyack College School of Music professor and founder of the Hudson River Pianofest invites campus and community music lovers to the Rockland County campus to attend the Pianofest on Saturday, March 18 from 3:00 PM to 9:30 PM. The day will feature lectures, recitals and an Enrique Granados 150th Anniversary Concert in the College's Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, with its breathtaking view of the Hudson River.
Featured artists are Nuno Marques, exquisite Portuguese pianist; Jed Distler, famed pianist, composer and radio host; Mariel Mayz, Rockland's own pianist and composer; Shelley Jameson, soprano and Nyack's Artist in Residence; alumni and friends. Sample some of what is in store by visiting the websites of Jed Distler, Mariel Mayz and Nuno Marques.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
3:00 PM Lecture/Recital by Mariel Mayz. Her own 9 Piano Preludes
4:00 PM Granados 150th Celebration Concert and presentation. Piano and vocal works performed by Nyack School of Music faculty, Shelley Jameson and Tammy Lum, pianists, Mariel Mayz, Diana Hughes, Jenning Kolberger and Yashar Yaslowitz; alumni, Joanna D'Addario and Johnny Walsh; Nyack College students, Crista Norfrey, Nikos Kline, Djulie Scaff and Rachel Leal.
5:30 PM Catered Dinner - $15 (Reservations should be made by Friday, March 10. See contact info below.)
7:00 PM Granados Piano Tradition Lecture by Jed Distler. Granados and his legacy as pianist and piano teacher, including recordings of Granados himself at the piano.
8:00 PM Piano Recital by featured Pianofest Artist, Nuno Marques. Program includes Granados: Valses Poeticos, Rachmaninoff: Moments Musicaux op. 16 (selections), Christina Athinodorou: New commission (2016), and Liszt: Ballade No.2 in B minor, S. 171.
Admission to all events is free. Donations accepted.
For more information, email Dr. Lum at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Music Office at 845-675-4MUS.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>