Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
Nyack School of Business and Leadership Associate Professor Dr. Susanne Hartl (above)has established a partnership with the Center for Transformative Work (CTW). Students are currently a part of an eight-week learning community that meets on the Rockland County campus in Boon Campus Center (Room 412) every Wednesday through March 15 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. to explore how to integrate faith into the work environment. Those who attend these sessions earn chapel credit. Pastors and seminarians are also welcome to learn how to support business people in their congregations. The workshop is free of charge, but registration is required.
Nyack's partnership with CTW also makes Nyack College students and local entrepreneurs eligible to compete in a “Shark Tank-like” event called The Entrepreneurial Business Venture Competition on Friday, March 31 in Shuman Hall, 185 South Highland Ave. in Nyack. Applications can be completed here for the chance to give an eight-minute pitch to a panel of judges. The deadline for applying is March 9. Five finalists will be chosen for the March 31 competition.
All competitors must convey how they will meet the three judging criteria:
Does Your Business Address a Societal Need?
Is Your Business Financially Sustainable?
Does Your Business Integrate Your Christian Faith?
First prize is $10,000, second prize is $7,500 and third prize is $5,000 to help get a business started or to ramp up an existing business. In addition to the financial awards, winners will receive professional business coaching. Cash prizes will be distributed by the business coach, who will work with the winners on goals and milestones.
Tickets to attend the event are free, but must be obtained at the Center for Transformative Work website. Seating is limited. Request tickets today!
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>