Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, Nyack College Bible professor will be the featured speaker at the Metro District of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Women’s Retreat scheduled Friday, March 31 through Sunday, April 2 at the Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club in Galloway, NJ. The theme is "Empowering Womanhood."
Dr. Abdallah is passionate about life. She is a wife and a mother of two who writes, teaches, preaches, leads, and mentors in the United States and abroad. Woman, the rite of passage she pioneered has been transforming and empowering its many participants for several years; it also inspired her first book, The Book of Womanhood (Cascade Books, 2015). In addition to leading women, Amy also guides others academically as associate professor of theology and Bible at Nyack College.
She earned a Ph.D. from Drew University and an M.Div. from Alliance Theological Seminary. Some of her favorite courses include Worship: Ancient and Future; Classic Christian Spirituality; and Male and Female in Biblical Perspective. She teaches Worship Arts and Disciplines at Alliance Theological Seminary, coordinates seminary chapels, and leads Global Service-Learning courses that have been taught in Israel, Turkey, Egypt and Syria.
Amy prioritizes experiential learning, and whether in the United States or abroad, she brings passion and intellect to her teaching, writing, academic presentations, preaching and ministry. In her free time, she enjoys exercise, photography, climbing mountains, travel, adventuring with her husband and sons, learning languages and the creative arts.
Find her on the web at amyfdavisabdallah.com and on twitter @amyfdavisa.
Registration for the Metro District retreat ends Friday, February 24. For more information, click here.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>