Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
Nyack College students, faculty and staff along with financial aid administrators were among the hundreds who traveled to Albany, NY this week in support of the New York Student Aid Alliance (NYSAA) advocating for the protection of state financial aid. The daylong event took place in the Legislative Office Building.
The students from both the Rockland and New York City campuses who participated were Omar Tlapanco, Tim Liang, Lisa Essor, Yanick Dues, Byanca Pierre, Ethan Hodge, Monifah Blackwood, Diamond Flowers, Noricia Campbell, Dilayla Hidalgo, Paula Bolzan, Pacquel Mullings, Daniel Larson, Codi Bobb and Joshua Spence. Nyack's Ethan Hodge spoke to those convened about how invaluable HEOP and his Nyack College community has meant to him. Staff members Nathaniel Perez, Grace Schroeder and Shawn Roseburgh accompanied the students.
A hashtag, #limitlesslearningNY, was created to encourage students to post on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, their personal stories of how TAP and other forms of aid have benefited them.
The Nyack representatives were given the opportunity to meet with New York State Senator David Carlucci (38th District—the towns of Ramapo, Clarkstown and Orangetown in Rockland County as well as the town of Ossining in Westchester County), an intern for Assemblymember Ellen Jaffee (97th District—Suffern) and Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou (65th District—Chinatown, the Lower East Side, the Financial District, and Battery Park City).
Learn more about Nyack's Division of Student Success, which includes the Higher Education Opportunity Program, Compass Services and the Chi Alpha Epsilon (XAE) National Honor Society. Information on the NYSAA can be found here.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>