Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
Associate Dean of Students Wanda Velez (Nyack College Rockland campus) will be among the roster of dynamic speakers at The Hope Gathering that takes place Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 at the W83 Ministry Center, 150 West 83rd Street in Manhattan. Dean Velez will speak on Saturday, March 4 during the main session that begins at 3:45 p.m.
This annual event convenes women from more than 60 different New York City churches to share stories of the impact God has had in and through their lives. The Hope Gathering is sponsored by Cru, a non-profit evangelical organization founded by Bill Bright for university students.
Dean Velez has been an employee of Nyack College since 2001, beginning her tenure as the Director of Alumni Relations followed by her transition to the Office of Student Development in 2003. In her role as dean since 2010, she heads the Office of Student Development, a branch of the College that governs all facets of student life. She has served Nyack in numerous roles including fundraising, community engagement, and leadership development as well as crisis intervention, mentorship and spiritual formation.
The alumna of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary was also ordained as a minister of the gospel in 2011 by The Gathering Place Global Ministries. Rev. Velez is passionate about the call “to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty those who are oppressed.”
Learn more about The Hope Gathering registration and tickets here.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>