Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
The Nyack College Office of Spiritual Formation is proud to welcome home Rev. Charles O. Galbreath (pictured above) as the chapel speaker for Friday, February 3 at 10:05 a.m. in Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Rev. Galbreath, affectionately known as Pastor Charles, serves as the senior pastor of Clarendon Road Church (CRC) in Brooklyn, New York.
Pastor Charles earned his undergraduate degree magna cum laude at Nyack College in 2006. In 2011, his alma mater named him Nyack’s Young Alumnus of the Year. He holds graduate degrees in divinity and theology from Alliance Theological Seminary and Princeton Theological Seminary. He is a Ph.D. candidate at Fordham University’s Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education.
In addition to his responsibilities at CRC, Pastor Charles also has the privilege of serving as the Director of Field Education at Alliance Theological Seminary in New York City. He currently serves on the Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Community Partnerships headeded by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams. Pastor Charles is also the Treasurer of the 67th Precinct Clergy Council, a member of the District Executive Committee for the Metropolitan District of the C&MA, Vice President of the Association of African American Church of the C&MA and has served as Co-Chair of the 45th Council District Committee in Brooklyn, NY.
Charles is married to his college sweetheart (NC '05) Flobien Vidal Galbreath. Together they are the proud parents of a son, Charles Oliver Galbreath, Jr. (C.J.) and a daughter, Malia Marie Galbreath.
Nyack’s Creative Arts team, coordinated by 2016 Alliance Theological Seminary alumnus Emmanuel Jean-Pierre, will also make presentations during this chapel service.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>