Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
“We are mourning the loss of Nyack NYC student Curtis Crum III—a music major, a member of the Nyack Gospel Choir; the Nyack NYC Chorale; and Nyack’s touring gospel ensemble, Purpose; and a lead in Nyack’s production of West Side Story. He is in the hands of God now, but we ache because our hands cannot reach out to him and be greeted by his boundless energy, joy, kindness, fun and friendship,” is the news that Nyack College Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Turk shared with Nyack campus community on Monday, January 9.
Dr. Turk was also executive producer and director of the December 2016 School of Music production of West Side Story. Curtis played the role of Bernardo in the seven-show run on the stage of the American Theatre of Actors in Manhattan.
Curtis Crum’s bio in the playbill notes that the full-time voice student was debuting in his first Nyack show, and lists other impressive performances to his credit. With the award-winning Union High School Performing Arts Company (UHSPAC) in New Jersey, Curtis had performed in A Christmas Carol (Peter Cratchet) and The Wiz (Lion/Ensemble/Background vocals) as well as in El Redentor (Caiaphas, High Priest/Background vocals) with J.I.E. (Jesus In Everything) Productions.
The gifted performer also served in the United States Air Force for six years.
The Nyack College School of Music and the Nyack New York City campus are joined by the entire campus community in prayer for Curtis’s wife Michelle Saez Crum, his parents and other family members during this difficult time.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>