13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
by Aabye-Gayle Favilla
As student-athletes, Nyack Warriors work to grow stronger intellectually, physically, and spiritually. When that hard work translates into exceptional results in the classroom, student-athletes are recognized by the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC).
Thirteen of Nyack’s fall athletes have embodied our school’s value of academic excellence and been named by the CACC to their respective sport’s 2016 All-Academic Team.
All-Academic Team athletes are at least a sophomore, have competed on their current team for at least two semesters, and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.50.
It is no small task to balance the demands of college athletics and academics. And so it is with great joy that we congratulate the following Nyack Warriors for their exceptional achievement as student-athletes.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Cross Country All-Academic Team. Seniors Trisha Frazer (3.76 GPA) and Danielle Wilson (3.78 GPA) earned the distinction for the third time. Junior Sidney Spaschak (3.69 GPA) was named to the All-Academic team for the second time.
Three of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Men's Soccer All-Academic Team: junior Francois Legoedec (3.63 GPA); sophomore Wiktor Lasota (3.97 GPA); and sophomore Finn Reese (4.0 GPA), one of only three men’s soccer players to earn a perfect grade point average.
Five of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Soccer All-Academic Team. Senior Katherine Oldfield (3.68 GPA) received the distinction for the third time. Juniors Rebekah Lawler (3.67) and Jordan Jansen (3.77 GPA) made the list for the second time. Junior Karla Dominguez (3.59 GPA) and sophomore Vanessa Séfriou (3.59 GPA) each earned the honor for the first time.
Two of Nyack’s student-athletes were named to the CACC Women's Volleyball All-Academic Team for the second time in their collegiate careers: juniors Kelsi Collins (3.92 GPA) and Lindsay Miller (3.66 GPA).
Nyack congratulates all of these exceptional student-athletes.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>