Save the Date for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
Save the date now--April 7, 2017!
That's when Nyack’s School of Music will headline a concert on the stage of David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center. The performances of the School's singers and musicians are a tradition that span more than seven decades. In addition to their regional travels in North America, international tours have included performances in Paris, Poland, Korea, Hong Kong, Germany, Moscow and Puerto Rico. The more than 100-voice group has also performed at Alice Tully Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.
The April 7 program will feature seven conductors including Nyack School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Talley (assistant dean of Nyack’s New York City School of Music), Prof. Joel Jameson, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Prof. Willana Mack and Ms. Stephanie Fisher. Ms. Fisher is an accomplished conductor and composer, who made Nyack College her school of choice to earn her music degree. One of her original works will be performed that evening.
Dr. Victoria Bond, acclaimed conductor and composer, performing a new commissioned work will be another program highlight. Her compositions have been praised by The New York Times as "powerful, stylistically varied and technically demanding," and her conducting has been called “impassioned” by The Wall Street Journal.
Nyack College President Dr. Michael G. Scales says, “Not only will the audience be fascinated by our gifted music students, but this opportunity to perform on the stage of a world famous cultural arts center is an experience of a lifetime for many of these young men and women.”
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>