Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
It’s the first day of winter 2016 and Steve Gardner, an alumnus of Nyack College (’87) and Alliance Theological Seminary (’94), makes replicas of the white stuff most people would love to see on December 25.
Perfect timing, Steve!
The son of missionaries to West Africa and born in Guinea, Steve developed an affection for this element that he didn’t see much of while growing up in Sierra Leone and the Ivory Coast.
Today, he is the Global Impact & Campus Management Director at Crosswinds Wesleyan Church in Canandaigua, NY where he'll be sharing his hobby of paper artistry at a workshop next month. Steve wrote a 24-page booklet called, “Hand-cutting Snowflakes,” a 2012 publication that was updated this year and includes design templates and tips on displaying and storing the delicate creations.
Read the Daily Messenger article, “What’s up with that?: Hidden meaning behind paper snowflakes.”
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>