Award-Winning Teen Filmmaker at Chapel Friday March 30
Kiri Davis, a New York City high school student, is the winner of the Diversity Award sponsored by Third Millennium Foundation. She will be the guest speaker at chapel Friday, March 30 at 10:00 am on the Rockland County campus.
Her award-winning seven-minute film, “Girl Like Me” is an example of how young people can use film as a tool to impact lives in our nation and around the world. In this instance, the film addresses the issue of self-esteem in people of color.
An Urban Academy student, Ms. Davis is a participant in the Reel Works Teen Filmmaking program, which has been featured in the New York Times, The Daily News and on MSNBC, PBS, and NY1 News. Students in this program work one-on-one with professional filmmakers and then are given the opportunity to write, shoot, and edit personal narrative videos on subjects of their choice, while gaining skills in digital filmmaking.
Plan to attend chapel and witness how the powerful statement made by “Girl Like Me” can be the basis of dialogue on campuses, in communities, and in homes as these conversations reinforce the impact of using creative talent for positive results.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>