Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
Twenty-two students who completed Nyack’s Bachelor of Science in organizational management program at the Fishkill Correctional Facility recently received their diplomas.
Provost David Turk presented the graduates to President Michael G. Scales, who conferred degrees on the Nyack College Beacon Campus graduates, as their families and friends looked on this milestone moment. The ceremony included remarks from Executive Director of Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison, Sean Pica, who is also a 2001 Nyack graduate of the Sing Sing Prison program.
Pictured at the ceremony are (l-r) alumnus Derrick Barnes; Hudson Link Executive Director Sean Pica; Corrections Officer Colleen Manning; keynote speaker Keith Bethel; instructor, Jamila Wright; President Michael Scales and Provost Dr. David. Turk
A message of gratitude from the Class of 2016 was printed in the commencement program: “We acknowledge that we are not owed anything and that this privilege provided to us is based on the belief that education offers empowerment for new beginnings.”
Photo credit: Babita Patel
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>