West Side Story Wows Audiences
After weeks and long hours of rehearsals—singing, dancing, acting—the Jets and the Sharks are about ready to rumble.
The Nyack College Drama Department will roll out the red carpet for its cast of West Side Story at the American Theatre of Actors, 314 West 54th Street (near 8th Avenue) in Manhattan presenting its premiere performance on Friday, December 2 at 8:00 p.m. Four additional evening shows take place on December 3, 8, 9, and 10; two matinees on December 4 and 11 at 2:00 p.m.
You do not want to miss this remarkable crew of Nyack students and faculty in the reprise the Jerome Robbins version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet with Leonard Bernstein’s extraordinary music and Stephen Sondheim’s unforgettable lyrics, all presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
Get your tickets here today. If you already have purchased advance tickets, spread the word and invite family and friends!
NOTE: Don't take our word for it...how's this for a "two-thumbs-up" review?
"This cast, crew and set need to move from off-Broadway (although perfect for this production at the American Theatre of Actors) to a Broadway Theatre!!!
The tickets will quickly become sold out, once the public gets a glimpse of this talented, emotional and timely production of West Side Story.
My daughter Lisa and I went to reunite and reminisce with long-time friend David Turk. We were so taken by the production, I was still wiping my eyes when I left the Theatre. Under David's direction, his cast, crew, designers, co-directors, choreographer, Mary Gatchell and orchestra conducted by Darryl Jordan, created the most heartfelt production of West Side Story I have seen in decades. It brought back many personal and meaningful memories for me.
Go see it, while the tickets last !!! You will LOVE it! ♥♥♥" --Ginny Lee Davenport
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>