School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
Nyack College music students from the Rockland campus travelled to the Market Street Mission in Morristown, NJ recently to perform at an evening chapel service.
Dr. Marie Kenote, Nyack School of Music professor shares, “We go every year; sometimes every semester. Our students come away with a very rich experience of sharing their love of music and the Lord with those at the Mission who are either there for an evening of chapel, a meal and a warm place to sleep or with those who are in the Market Street Mission support program.”
In a communication of gratitude to Dr. Kenote for bringing the students, Learning Center Manager and Chapel Coordinator Nathanael Towers says, “The men in our program are starved for beauty, joy and love. Many of them have grown up in a world of loss, pain and disintegrated lives. Their addiction has perpetuated a cycle of darkness and hopelessness. When guests come with instruments, songs, and humble curiosity about them, our clients are nourished, healed, given clarity and hope. This truly is a blessing. When the songs performed and sung tell the true stories of God’s movement in history and His ongoing interest in the lives of broken people, our men are impacted. Thank you for your interest in them!”
Dr. Kenote remarks, “It's a win-win situation and I'm very thankful for this outreach. We can make a difference in this world of sorrow one person at a time."
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>