Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
After more than two decades, soprano Kathleen Battle will make her long awaited return to The Metropolitan Opera located at 30 Lincoln Center Plaza in Manhattan on Sunday, November 13 at 4:00 p.m. The program, Kathleen Battle: Underground Railroad – A Spiritual Journey will feature special guests.
Nyack NYC School of Music faculty and students will be among the special performers, most notably, NYC campus student, Stephanie Fisher (pictured here), who will be one of two choir conductors. The Nyack choir members and soloists include music professors Willana Mack, Darryl Jordan and Cliff Smith; students are Nicole Vega, alumnus Andre Rogers, Kalia Baptiste, Chris Anthony, Chenee Campbell and Jasmen Reyes.
Ms. Fisher, a longtime associate of Ms. Battle chose Nyack College for her undergraduate degree studies after being in the music business for years as a background singer for renowned gospel and secular recording artists. The incredibly gifted singer, composer and conductor, who began classical piano and vocal training at the age of five, is Assistant Minister of Music at The Greater Allen A.M.E. Cathedral of New York. She has been rehearsing with Ms. Battle and the choir since mid-summer to prepare for this extraordinary event.
“The experience we are all gaining is invaluable and our time at Nyack has caused us to be well-prepared musically,” says Ms. Fisher. “The Nyack students and faculty have certainly shined during this process and I feel blessed to have been able to share this opportunity with my school.”
For ticket information, click here.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>