Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) at Nyack College hosted its Eighth Annual Scholars Symposium in collaboration with Washington, D.C.-based Center for Public Justice on November 2 (New York City campus) and November 3 (Rockland County campus). This year’s theme was “In Search of Civil Engagement.”
Plenary sessions at both campuses featured panelists (pictured l-r) Charity Haubrich, director of The Community Institute for Education at The Center for Public Justice; Greg Bish, director of Service-Learning at Gordon College; Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, director of Nyack's Center for Scholarship adn Global Engagement; Kevin den Dulk, director of The Henry Institute at Calvin College; and Anne Snyder, director of The Character Initiative at The Philanthropy Roundtable. In addition, breakout sessions included a showcase of research by professors as well as paired presentations by professors with students.
To learn more about CSGE directed by Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, visit the website, email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4582 for more information.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>