Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
Nyack College's Center for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Resources in partnership with Nyack Public Schools recently co-hosted a day-long conference at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS), 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY for educators on the teaching and learning process.
Dr. Eric Mazur of Harvard University addressed the topic, “Enhancing Teaching Effectiveness” in two sessions, “Confessions of a Converted Lecturer” and “Assessment, the Silent Killer of Learning. Several afternoon sessions were also presented.
Mazur, Harvard’s Balkanski Professor of Physics and Applied Physics is internationally recognized for his work on peer instruction, interactive teaching methods and educational technology. This education innovator has been celebrated for his contributions to nanophotonics, a branch of optics, optical engineering, electrical engineering and nanotechnology. He was the 2014 recipient of the very first Minerva Prize for Advancements in Higher Education. The award according to the Minerva Institute website was created to recognize “one faculty member from any institution worldwide who has made a significant impact on student learning experiences through extraordinary innovation in higher education.”
Learn more about the Nyack College Center for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Resources led by Dr. Leonard Kageler.
Photo (l-r) Dr. Leonard Kageler and Dr. Eric Mazur)
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>