Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
God’s promise in the book of Proverbs is that your “gift will make room for you.”
In the case of Drusila Nieves, Nyack College Director of Counseling Services, not only does she possess a gift, but she used her gift to create room. In fact, Nyack Provost Dr. David Turk quipped that Drusila had vision and “invented a whole space out of an unused space.”
Today her colleagues from the Nyack Rockland campus Office of Student Development, Auxiliary Services, student interns and other campus leaders saluted this compassionate servant leader as she prepares to transition to a new chapter in her life. (pictured l-r: Provost Dr. David Turk, Drusila Nieves, Maggie Labocki, Dean Wanda Velez.)
The reins of her pioneering work will be passed on to the new Director of Counseling, Maggie Labocki.
In that Boon Campus Center space, the ministry of the Fordham University graduate evolved. For more than two decades, Drusila Nieves has ministered to troubled, broken, burdened students restoring hope, health and wholeness with the help of more than 100 interns she supervised during the course of her tenure at Nyack
During Nyack’s Homecoming Weekend on Saturday, October 15 from 2:00-5:00 p.m., the Alliance Graduate School of Counseling and Social Work Counseling Services Intern Reunion will be another time of tribute and celebration. (Registration for the event in Boon Campus Center, Counseling Services Office, Room 207 is encouraged.)
The campus community salutes Drusila Nieves for being “steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord [her] labor is not in vain.”
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>