Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE OPPORTUNITY GOLF CLASSIC
At The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club In
NYACK, NY—Nyack College will host its 2016 Opportunity Golf Classic on Thursday, September 15 at The Saint Andrew’s Golf Club, America's oldest golf venue located at 10 Old Jackson Avenue in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York. The prestigious Saint Andrew’s Club, just 20 miles from New York City, was founded in 1888 and is also a founding member of the United States Golf Association (USGA). Club members and their guests play one of our nation’s favorite pastimes on a par-71 golf course, which was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 1983.
For more than a decade, Nyack College has sponsored this fundraising event to benefit deserving young men and women pursuing higher education at Nyack. Supporters of the event can participate as an individual golfer, as a part of a golfing foursome or attend the luncheon only.
This year, golfers have a choice of using the service of caddies or forecaddies. Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m. followed by a shot-gun start at 9:30 a.m. A barbecue and reception is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. where the Tsilla Flint Memorial Trophy, the longest drive award for women, will be presented.
Thirty-six percent of Nyack's students are the first from their family to attend college. Fifty-two percent have significant financial need based on government guidelines. Participation in this event is an opportunity to enjoy the day on a world-class course and to support Nyack’s efforts to educate and develop emerging leaders preparing to serve others in local and global communities.
Details on participation and sponsorships are available on the College’s homepage at www.nyack.edu/golfclassic. Early bird rates end on August 22. The deadline for payment and completed registration forms is September 9. For more information, contact Special Events Coordinator Nancy Gates via email at Nancy.Gates@nyack.edu or phone 845.675.4431.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>