Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
Willana Mack, 2005 alumna of the NYC School of Music, professor, and director of Nyack’s gospel ensemble, “Purpose,” was notified that she was chosen by the Tri-State Gospel Music Association to receive their 2016 Music Service Award.
The award will be presented at the 19th Annual Tri-State Gospel Concert & Awards Show on Saturday, August 6, 2016 at Calvary Tabernacle located at 78 North Franklin Street, Hempstead, NY.
The professor of vocal performance on the NYC campus was interviewed this spring on National Public Radio (NPR) and also featured in a Washington Post article about the new gospel music performance degree being launched at Nyack NYC in fall 2016.
The Nyack NYC School of Music gospel ensemble, which Mack directs, has been featured musical guests at several special events from New York to New England.
Read more about the gospel degree program here.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>