Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
Members of the Nyack College New York City Chorale performed W.A. Mozart's Requiem, conducted by Grammy Award-winning Maestro and Director of Choral Activities at University of Michigan, Dr. Jerry Blackstone as part of a 245-member Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall on Monday, June 13.
The Nyack College Chorale was one of several ensembles that formed the Masterworks Festival Chorus, which was comprised of elite college and high school music students from our nation. Nyack students who participated were Charles Alvarenga, Gabriel Charles, Katherine Class, Paulino Diaz, Stephanie Fisher, Yessica Lopez, Rosana Mohabir, Lauren Navarro, Stephany Ortiz, Daniel Pineda, Tammy Rodriguez, Yazmin Rosado, Justin Tokke, Tessa Tokke, Nicole Vega, and Noël Wippler.
Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, conductor of Nyack’s NYC Chorale, held several weeks of rehearsals with Chorale members in preparation for the rehearsals with Dr. Blackstone. During the weekend prior to the performance, more than ten hours of intensive rehearsals took place with Dr. Blackstone and the plenary chorus at the New York Hilton Hotel in Midtown.
The sold out concert, produced by Manhattan Concert Productions (mcp.us), received an enthusiastic standing ovation.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>