Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
Nyack College presents the “Commitment to Mission Award” annually at the Year-end Faculty/Staff Luncheon each May. This award is a reflection of the College’s intentionality about acknowledging individuals who have excelled at representing the mission and core values of Nyack College during the academic year.
The Commitment to Mission Award program serves as an encouragement for faculty and staff to develop and demonstrate an exceptional awareness of the five institutional core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant.
During the annual luncheon, the award is presented to one faculty member and one staff member. Recipients of the 2016 awards are Dr. Elaine Eng and Henok Ephraim (pictured above).
About Dr. Elaine Eng
Dr. Eng is an associate professor of mental health at Nyack’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling. She developed and teaches the course, Counseling for Global Engagement, which covers topics of interest such as cross cultural communication and counseling in other countries and regions. Integrating this content with related experience, she has traveled with students to Kenya, Austria, France, Thailand, Cuba, and Honduras. She has keen clinical skills and wisdom as it pertains to the curriculum. Applying her faith and experience in the practice of medicine, she has authored several books including, No Worries: Spiritual and Mental Health Counseling for Anxiety (2014, 1996), The Transforming Power of Story: How Telling Your Story Brings Hope to Others and Healing to Yourself (2010) and A Christian Approach to Overcoming Disability: A Doctor's Story (2004).
About Henok Ephraim
Henok is a systems engineer in the Information Technology Department for Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary. His thought-provoking questions about potential processes and solutions are evidence of the care he takes with each challenge that comes his way. He is a consummate I.T. researcher. As he serves the Nyack and Manhattan campuses, he does not offer quick fixes, but purposefully educates campus employees as he addresses their challenges. He skillfully negotiates with vendors. Because he considers his role a ministry to the Lord, he carries it out with excellence, dedication, and grace. Professional, knowledgeable, and thorough when dealing with outside agencies and vendors, he shows compassion and will witness to non-Christians through word or deed whenever he is given the opportunity.
The entire campus congratulates these two fine individuals and salutes them for serving with the heart and character of Christ.
Congratulations are also extended to the following employees for being presented with Service Awards.
Twenty-five years: Dr. Martin Sanders, Penny Foland
Twenty years: Keith Davie, James Muckell
Fifteen years: Michele Blanck, Christy Choi, Melverne Coates, Dr. Dion Harrigan, Dr. Susanne Hartl, Dr. Sherry Jarrett, Dr. Marie Kenote, Jenny Lee, Dr. In Hak Moon, Dr. Steven Notley, Dr. Sue Talley, Wanda Velez, and Mick Williams
Ten years: Gregory Beeman, Melanie Caraballo-Soto, Dr. Deanna Kwan, Darlene Loper, and Dr. Scott Reitz
Five years: Heather Butcher, Joshua Dyke, Marielle Franey, Catherine Langholff, Dr. Jang Ki Lim, Dr. Peter Park, Dr. Antoinette Rivera, Dr. Ching-Ching Ruan, Jennifer Scott, Dr. Wenbo Yan, and Dr. Kale Yu.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>