How Was Your Weekend?
...Ask the crew of nearly two dozen Nyack college students, faculty, and staff who enjoyed the beautiful weekend weather by participating in Keep Rockland Beautiful, a partner of the national Great American Clean-up Beautiful initiative.
“In two hours we had twenty-five bags of trash, seventeen bags of recyclables, seven campaign signs, five tires, three traffic cones, two vacuums, and one car bumper on the curb,” says organizer Nancy Gates of Nyack’s College Relations Office.
Keep Rockland Beautiful Director Susan Wilmink shares, “It was wonderful to see so many Nyack College students help out with our Nyack Community Cleanup this year! They worked very hard to visibly improve the neighborhood close to campus -- and keep this debris out of our precious waterways. We look forward to tackling other areas in the future as we all pull together to make this county cleaner and greener.”
Among those who rolled up their sleeves on Upper Depew Avenue in Central Nyack were faculty members, Dr. Peter Park (Biology) and Dr. Jonathan Gates (English/Honors Program). Already committed to participating next year, Dr. Park commented, “It was a joy and privilege to work side-by-side with my students in this community clean-up effort! It was fun, and events like these are such a great experience and life lesson for students (and myself!)."
To learn more about Keep Rockland Beautiful, click here.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>