Join 1st Century Village Excavation in Israel With Nyack
This coming summer will mark the beginning of excavations of a first century village on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. Nyack College, along with other institutions, will be leading a group of students and faculty. (Pictured l-r) Archaeologist Eli Shukron; Professor Steven Notley, Nyack College; Marc Turnage, Center for Holy Lands Studies; Professor Robert Stallman, Northwest University; and Professor Buzz Brookman, North Central University with the discovered basalt capital. Dr. Notley is director of Nyack’s graduate program in Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins.
Directed by archaeologist, Mordechai Aviam, Professor of Archaeology at the Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee, the two-week excavation will introduce participants to archaeological methods while actually employing them. The excavations will be complemented by various field trips throughout the Galilee, the Golan Heights, and Jerusalem.
To learn more about how to be a part of this historical event, click here for the itinerary and costs. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>