Nyack Alumna, Mariah Walker ('13), Colloquium Guest Speaker
Nyack College interdisciplinary studies alumna, Mariah Walker ('13) was the featured speaker recently for Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium on the Rockland County campus. Walker is an education coordinator with Hope Refugee Center in Buffalo, NY, a program of Jericho Road Ministries, an outreacch established to reach refugee families.
Mariah shares, "We help and empower refugees who are past the resettlement phase. When refugees are resettled, they have three months of services with the agency that resettled them. After three months the agency is required by federal law to drop them as new clients. That’s where Hope Refugee takes over. We help with social services, school registration, medical appointments, bus tours, house and apartment education, mail reading and so much more."
Read more of Mariah's story here, written by Nyack student blogger, Lauren Lebo.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>