Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
The campus community recently learned of the untimely passing of Nyack New York City School of Music 2009 alumnus, Jonathan Perez. The 37-year-old sang bass in the Nyack College Chorale.
His Nyack music mentors, Drs. Sue and Dana Talley shared, “Jonathan’s deep, rich voice was heard in two of our Lincoln Center concerts, performing the Misa Criolla on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall."
The dynamic music education major was also invited to perform national anthems in public gatherings such as United Nations assemblies.
According to School of Music Dean Sue Talley, “His loves were Jesus Christ, music education, and his family and many friends. Jonathan was a spiritual leader of all of our students at Nyack College and was beloved by all who knew him.”
Please keep the Perez family in your prayers.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>