Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
The Nyack College campus received news of the passing of longtime Bible professor Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock, a Professor Emeritus with three decades of service to the College.
Rev. Dr. Eldon Woodcock of Wallkill, NY, a beloved husband, father, and Professor Emeritus of Nyack College passed away on Thursday, January 28, 2016, in Newburg. He was 85.
The son of the late Virgil and Beulah Griffith Woodcock, he was born May 12, 1930 in Washington, DC.
He served in the Army during the Korean Conflict having attained the rank of Corporal.
He was a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and an ordained Methodist minister. A published author, he wrote of Hell: An Exhaustive Look at a Burning Issue, Proverbs: A Topical Approach and more than over 100 periodical articles.
He loved the LORD, his family, the "Phillies," and Star Trek.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth; son, Michael Woodcock of Kvinestadl, Norway; daughter, Ruth Chanowitz and husband, Michael of Wallkill, NY; eight grandchildren and one great grandchild, Ella; sister, Mary Ann Scott.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. and the funeral service at 7:00 p.m., both on Thursday, February 4 at Goodwill Church, Montgomery, NY. Pastor Josh Stewart and Pastor Doug Rhine will officiate. Burial will be in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas, TX.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Creation Museum, 2800 Bullittsburg Church Rd., Petersburg, KY 41080.
Arrangements were made by Millspaugh Funeral Directors. For more information, please visit millspaughfuneralhome.com
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>