Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Today we remember an iconic leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on his birthday, January 15. He was a leader whose life embodied Nyack College/AllianceTheological Seminary’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant.
While the nation—and indeed thousands around the globe—joins the celebration of the man and his life's work on Monday, January 18, Nyack College will be represented in community events honoring Dr. King.
Dr. Michael G. Scales, Nyack/ATS president has been invited by the Nyack Branch NAACP to offer the invocation at a 2:00 p.m. service at Pilgrim Baptist Church located at 80 N Franklin Street in downtown Nyack. Also participating in that service will be Mr. Earl Miller, Nyack’s executive director of community relations.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>