Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
The recent two-day conference, “Grace Prescriptions,” held at the Nyack NYC Battery Park campus featured authors Dr. Walt Larimore and Dr. Bill Peel and drew an enthusiastic audience of more than 120 healthcare professionals. The conference addressed faith in the practice of medicine. Nyack’s partnership with Beacon Christian Community Health Center in Staten Island is a wonderful example of the College’s intentional involvement with outreach to communities in the Tri-State New York area.
Pictured (l-r) are Nyack College President, Dr. Michael G. Scales; CEO and Executive Director of Beacon Christian Community Health Center, Dr. David Kim; and Nyack Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) professor and soon to be chair of the Christian Medical and Dental Association, Dr. Elaine Eng.
Dr. Eng was generous with praise for the event being made possible because of the support of Nyack’s Executive Vice President and Treasurer Dr. David Jennings and the Auxiliary Services team—Mrs. Michele Blanck, Ms. Julie Rivera, and Mr. Jamal Damon. She also is grateful for the AGSC student volunteers, Johanna Dillenbeck and her husband, Kenny; Nlandu Roman, and Katherine Kirby; AGSC alumna, Carmen Chow Wong; and Dr. Sathya Theodore, and Joyce Ma.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>