ATS Rockland "Alumnus of the Year," Rich Villodas
Rich Villodas (ATS, M.Div., '09) was the guest speaker at a special Alumni Chapel at ATS Rockland County on December 2, where he was also named “2015 Alumnus of the Year.” Pictured above (Hector Ramirez, president of ATS Alumni Association president; Jeff Quinn, vice president for college relations; Rich Villodas; and Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and College of Bible & Christian Ministry.)
Rich Villodas became the lead pastor at New Life Fellowship Church in Elmhurst, Queens on October 6, 2013, receiving the baton from Pete Scazzero, who planted New Life in Queens nearly three decades ago. This thriving ministry is a multi-racial, international church with more than 75 countries represented.
Born in the East New York section of Brooklyn, just 20 minutes from New Life, Pastor Villados was raised in an environment that would give him intimate knowledge of the urban context for ministry. A power encounter with God took place when as a teenager he and 15 of his family members came to faith in Jesus Christ on the same night in the same storefront church service.
His obedient response to the call to ministry led Rich to complete his bachelor’s degree at Nyack College in 2003 as a pastoral ministry and bible major and a Master of Divinity in theological studies from Alliance Theological Seminary in 2009. He has served in a number of outreach efforts to young adults and to the elderly; on community service projects for small groups; and with the Bowery Mission and All Angels, a food distribution ministry.
Nyack/ATS faculty, staff, and alumni applaud Rich for this latest well-earned recognition!
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>