Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
Executive Director of Community Relations Earl Miller and his steering committee (Nilda Aragones, Sheila Keen, Adrianne Garcia, and Dustin Hauser) recently hosted a new cohort of professionals in the Leadership Rockland's Multicultural Communities Day.
Leadership Rockland offers current and emerging leaders comprehensive exposure to the infrastructure of Rockland County, NY. The ten-month program is a series of 11 daylong sessions engaging men and women employed in business, government, and the not-for-profit sectors.
On Multicultural Communities Day, participants began their tour of the County’s diverse populations with a breakfast and seminar at Nyack’s Rockland campus. Other tour stops included the Islamic Center of Rockland for a religious community leaders discussion; the U Noodle Snack Bar to discuss immigrant and migrant communities; and the CEJJES Institute, a cultural and education center for a presentation by the Holocaust Museum & Education Center.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>