Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
Nyack College Honors Program alumna, Chelsea Geyer (NC ’12), is one of seven individuals featured in “Engaging the World,” a Christianity Today (CT) article that also appears in CT’s Christian College Guide. (Read the article here.) The summa cum laude graduate majored in English and minored in political science. While at Nyack, among her many activities, she interned with the College’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and also with the nonprofit organization, Resolve, during a semester of study in the nation’s capital.
Following graduation she relocated to Washington and joined Resolve's staff. Today, Chelsea is the founder of her own non-profit, DC127. Named for its location and the scriptural exhortation to look after orphans and widows in their distress (James 1:27), the group coordinates the efforts of churches and local foster care agencies to support foster children and their families.
Ms. Geyer was welcomed back to the Nyack Rockland campus as the keynote speaker for the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement’s fall Colloquium on the Rockland County campus. She shared about her role at DC127 with an audience of students, faculty, and staff in Presidents Hall and responded to questions about successfully navigating post-graduation challenges—both personally and professionally.
Click here to learn about how Chelsea is making a difference in the lives of DC families.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>