Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
Nyack College Honors Program alumna, Chelsea Geyer (NC ’12), is one of seven individuals featured in “Engaging the World,” a Christianity Today (CT) article that also appears in CT’s Christian College Guide. (Read the article here.) The summa cum laude graduate majored in English and minored in political science. While at Nyack, among her many activities, she interned with the College’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and also with the nonprofit organization, Resolve, during a semester of study in the nation’s capital.
Following graduation she relocated to Washington and joined Resolve's staff. Today, Chelsea is the founder of her own non-profit, DC127. Named for its location and the scriptural exhortation to look after orphans and widows in their distress (James 1:27), the group coordinates the efforts of churches and local foster care agencies to support foster children and their families.
Ms. Geyer was welcomed back to the Nyack Rockland campus as the keynote speaker for the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement’s fall Colloquium on the Rockland County campus. She shared about her role at DC127 with an audience of students, faculty, and staff in Presidents Hall and responded to questions about successfully navigating post-graduation challenges—both personally and professionally.
Click here to learn about how Chelsea is making a difference in the lives of DC families.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>