Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
Dr. R. Steven Notley and Nyack College’s Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins (AJCO) program will present its Colloquia Series, “Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature,” on Thursday, December 3 from 10:00 am until noon at the Nyack New York City campus located at 2 Washington Street.
Scheduled speakers are:
10:00 – 10:40 a.m.
Jessica Dello Russo, Interim Executive Director, International Catacomb Society of Greater Boston Area on Figures in the Shadow: Contextualizing Jewish Tombs in the Catacombs of Rome
10:40- 11:20 a.m.
R. Steven Notley, (pictured above) director of Nyack’s Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins master’s degree program on Pontius Pilate: Discordant Images in an Historical Portrait
Steven Fine, professor of Jewish History at Yeshiva University in New York and director of the Arch of Titus Digital Restoration project on Between Paidea and Sinai: Torah Shrines and the Visual Culture of Diaspora Jews
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>