Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
Fulbright Ambassador Dr. Brian Polkinghorn will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, November 2 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall, second floor conference room. There is no charge for admission to his presentation for Fulbright campus representatives and Nyack faculty interested in the Fulbright Scholar program.
The Fulbright Scholar Program provides some 800 grants in more than 125 countries to support teaching and research in a wide variety of disciplines. Fulbright Scholars have established new global programs and engaged in collaborative work with colleagues around the world, including at the international community college level.
Ambassadors have been selected from a broad range of American academic disciplines, higher education institutions, and geographic regions.
Dr. Polkinghorn is a Distinguished Professor and Program director in the Department of Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution (CADR) and the Executive Director of the Bosserman Center for Conflict Resolution (BCCR) at Salisbury University. He will share about his 2010 Fulbright Scholar experience in Israel, followed by a Q&A session.
To reserve a seat, contact Jill Johnson at Jill.Johnson@nyack.edu.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>